Friday, July 5, 2013

Updated Teacher Toolbox and Dollar Spot Finds!

Check out my Target Dollar Spot finds!


These were fifty cents!  I use them all the time to have kids answer take turns/answer questions.  I just throw them the ball and they play around with it while they answer the question, then throw it back to me.



These books were fifty cents too!  These are the only four they had, but they look good first graders and/or lower second graders.


I just picked these up because I know the girls love them.  The words are in Spanish AND English, which is great because I teach ESL and many of the kids are Hispanic and speak Spanish at home.


I picked these up, figuring I could use them at my writing station.  The orange one was only fifty cents and would be perfect for procedural writing.  It has a place for ingredients and directions.

 

Dry erase pockets!  They only come in red, blue, and yellow so.....



I found my first roll of washi tape at Target for $2.99 and used it to make the dry erase pockets look better.  I was noticing some popular brands were selling decorative tape, but they were way more expensive and come with much less than this roll.  Guess it is time for me to visit Etsy!  I had issues with this roll sticking to itself...as you can see in the picture, so I don't know if that is a common problem or it was just the brand?

I also worked on redoing my teacher toolbox today.  I made one last summer, but made it much more complicated than it needed to be.  I messed up on the spray paint really badly and ended up having to buy another.  Worked out because I also lost some of the drawers so then I had some replacements...


This is my OLD teacher tool box.  Notice the blank drawer!?  I made it with scrapbook paper.  I also just used the labels that everyone else used, which turns out were not really the categories I wanted, so I decided to redo the whole thing.  Plus I wanted it to be purple and white.

Here's the new one:



I painted the top too with a stencil!

I have been seeing all the tutorials about how to make editable Power Points and still secure the graphics and decided to give it a shot since everyone has their own label preferences.  So I made an editable teacher toolbox product in dots and chevron and a variety of colors.  You can type whatever you want on the labels, print them out, cut them, and attach them to your toolbox.  I just used double sided Scotch tape.  I included tabs for the tops of the drawers too.  It was waaaay easier than all the measuring, cutting, and gluing I did last year.








I made the same file in the following colors.  Just click on any of the images to see the product in my store.  Read to the bottom if you'd like to win one!

















If you'd like to win one, pin the color of your choosing.  Then leave a comment with the pin address and your email.  I will choose three winners when I wake up tomorrow.  

19 comments:

  1. http://pinterest.com/pin/33214115974546936/
    hcadams09@gmail.com

    These are adorable! Love all the colors, but the turquoise would go with my room perfectly! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just used washi tape for the first time yesterday. I love the endless decorating possibilities with it! I didn't have a problem with the tape sticking to itself. I purchased mine at Michaels craft store. They were on sale for $1.49. I don't remember the brand (I threw away the package it came in). But I found it in the scrapbooking isle.

    I love your teacher tool box labels and the fact that they are customizable! Thanks for sharing, I will definitely be grabbing some at your TPT store.

    I just pinned the pink labels. http://pinterest.com/pin/188306828142460188/
    ctusak@gmail.com

    ~Chelsea

    Fifth Grade Wit and
    Whimsy

    ReplyDelete
  4. http://pinterest.com/pin/94434923409290132/
    Love the turquoise labels!
    I am also loving the washi tape covered pockets, great idea.
    :c)
    ~Amanda
    ryelyhaley@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the look of your labels! All colors look great.

    http://pinterest.com/pin/251849804134785106/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like the fact these are editable. Great color choices too. And I will have to make a Target run- I did not see the Dry Erase pockets when I was there.
    jkmatuch@aol.com
    http://pinterest.com/pin/259168153529434100/

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh man! I found those little squish balls at my target last week but they were $1.00... i bought them all anyways lol :)
    They didn't have the other treasures you found... Hmm. Now i'm feeling like going out looking for goodies!

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE the turquoise! wendy 1stgradefireworks@gmail.com
    I pinned it! http://pinterest.com/pin/16114511139864873/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh man I really need to go to Target & see if they have those dry-erase pockets & washi tape in my dollar spot. THey have the most amazing & practical stuff in that dollar spot.

    Stephanie
    PolkaDotPalace

    ReplyDelete
  10. I haven't figured out how to do an editable .pdf yet. What tutorial did you use? BTW, I made my toolbox last week, so give them to someone who needs one:)

    Deniece

    ReplyDelete
  11. I LOVE my dry erase pockets and your washi tape picture just made me want to add new life to my pockets! YAY! Thanks!

    Tara
    TeachingwithTWitte

    ReplyDelete
  12. I can not believe you got such great stuff at Target! I never get there in time to get all that stuff (in other words, I'm totally jealous!!). It looks like you totally scored!!! Go Jessica!

    Love how your toolbox turned out! I still haven't even started mine! I'm terrified to try and paint it! I know I'll mess it up!

    Your labels look awesome! I pinned the pink ones! :O)
    http://pinterest.com/pin/23362491790072992/
    Amanda
    Collaboration Cuties

    ReplyDelete
  13. Creating a teacher toolbox is on my to do list. I liked the way yours turned out.

    Your labels in all colors are very cute. I pinned the yellow ones.

    http://pinterest.com/pin/272608583667156063/

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ooh! Yours turned out super cute! I've been thinking about making one of these.
    http://pinterest.com/pin/106960559873199314/
    jmcpang78@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the pink! I have pink flamingos everywhere in my room!!
    Jacque

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. http://pinterest.com/pin/14425661279289074/

      Delete
    2. Jacqueandjason@hotmail.com

      Delete
  16. Jessica I am so jealous of your dry eraser pockets! I want a set for my classroom but they are $10 each in Australia- seriously! Another thing I can add to the 'if I ever go to the States shopping list'
    And I am jealous of how organised you are- your toolbox is the cutest :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete